The Life and Inspiring Poetry of a Woman from Kansas.

Velma Cochren Priest Terry, daughter, wife, mother, and grandmother (1915-1999).

6.11.07

SEASON'S SOUVENIRS

October 6, 1983

Among my lovely souvenirs tied with scarlet bow;
are frosty scenes of winter and a Christmas star aglow.
Sounds of singing in the air as I quietly reminisce;
Snow flakes falling softly - What’s more beautiful than this?

Then I find among my souvenirs flowers that bloomed in spring:
Roses, violets, and forget-me-knots and a butterfly with broken wing.
I see a budding cherry tree and smell its blooms in the air.
It’s time for new life to begin; feelings of spring are everywhere.

Summer, with the hum of bees, and fireflies in the night.
Barefoot children on the path walk and run in delight.
You smell the honeysuckle vine with its flowers golden sweet;
White clouds sail across the sky above the summer heat.

Then, the leaves of autumn, in full colors all so bright ;
Reminding you time has gone and another year is out of sight

No comments: