The Life and Inspiring Poetry of a Woman from Kansas.

Velma Cochren Priest Terry, daughter, wife, mother, and grandmother (1915-1999).

6.11.07

MESSAGE OF THE BOARD

COPYRIGHT 1972. Inspired by a comment of her husband after his conversion.

I lay all alone in the old city dump,
Of no use to anyone
Cast out because of wasted years,
Alone in the heat of the sun.

Then along came a man; his eyes fell on me.
He lifted me up from the dump; I was free.

Oh, I was so happy for a change to do good.
To be something more than a stick of wood.

I’d have a new home, all shiny and new.
Where I’d not be alone to live and endure.
Now I am a cabinet at work among men.
Helping teach others the way not to sin.

Now children be prayerful; dear children be good.
This is the advice of an old stick of wood.

No comments: